Sneaky Reasons You May Be Gaining Weight
I am pretty sure every woman who has ever tried to lose weight has been frustrated after doing everything “they’re supposed to do” and still not get the desired results.
Well, you can throw those frustrations out the window because today I’m giving you the rundown on the reasons why you may be gaining weight despite your best efforts.
So, let’s dive in…
Why You May Still Be Gaining Weight
1. You cut out carbs – this can cause over-eating in other calorie-dense foods. Despite what is out there, carbs are not all bad. When you eat carbs in the right way, you can still lose weight.
2. You’re skipping meals – fasting is awesome but not if it causes you to over-eat at other times of the day. If you find yourself gorging on whatever is in front of you because you are so hungry, then you need to start planning your healthy meals and snacks into your day.
3. You’re not prioritizing strength training over cardio – this can be detrimental to long-term fat loss. When it comes to losing weight, most people automatically think they need to do an excessive amount of cardio and forget about strength training. This is a huge misconception and can stall your weight loss.
4. You’re snacking mindlessly – handfuls of this and that throughout the day add up way faster than you think. Again, planning healthy snacks throughout your day is key!
5. You’re drinking your calories and not accounting for them. It’s easy to forget what you drink throughout the day when reviewing your diet. Try switching to flavored water instead of sugary drinks like soda.
6. Your weekends are a free-for-all with food and/or alcohol. I live by the 80/20 rule and allow myself some slack on the weekends. But this doesn’t by any means I go crazy. I still have healthy meals in between my not-so-good for you food.
7. Your portions are too big – you can over-do it with healthy foods too! Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean you can eat endless amounts!
8. You’re not sleeping enough. The average person requires 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
9. You’re not managing your stress. If stress is something you struggle with regularly, daily habits and rituals can help to manage these feelings of overwhelm.
Any of these feel familiar?
One of the best ways to resolve all of these is to commit to a nutrition and exercise program with support, accountability, and community…
…because truly, no one creates success alone!
If you are gaining weight and know it’s time to get a handle on things, let me know or click here so I can get back in touch with you to support you!
I became a fitness and wellness coach to support people with these exact struggles, and I have your back!